The Regional Court building in Warsaw was erected in 1938 according to the design of professor or architecture, Bohdan Pniewski as the building of the magistrates’ court in Leszno. The building began to serve the Warsaw court in the middle of 1939. During the war, the building continued to function until the time of German air raids. Due to its function, the court building was not incorporated into the Warsaw ghetto, but it became a meeting place for people from both sides of the wall. After the war, along with the rest of Warsaw, it was rebuilt – the building itself survived, however, suffered damage on the upper floors. In 1946, the Regional Court, the Ministry of Justice and the Public Prosecutor’s Office were transferred to it. Since 2005, the seat of the District Court for Warszawa – Praga has been located there.