The side altar of St. Francis is located in the southern side nave. It dates back to 1920, however, the traces of manual processing seem to suggest that it could have been made before the last reconstruction of the temple. It is a single axis altar, consisting of two levels. In the lower level, there is an oil painting on the canvas, depicting St. Francis, while in the niche there is a wooden figure of the saint.
Scope of works included: layered and degraded gilding required to be removed – we have cleaned it using the LASERBLAST 2000 laser. We have recreated the original colors along with gold leaves’ gilding. Part of the details was transported to the workshop for reconstruction, after their dismantling; moreover, we placed the paintings on new frames and at the same time we repaired missing parts and abrasions.